Our sailboat is a 2005 Lagoon 380 S2 catamaran built in France. We purchased it in St. Augustine, Florida, in December of 2018.
Owners’ Version Catamaran
An owner’s version has three cabins and two baths (heads) instead of four cabins and two baths like the charter version.
This means the starboard hull has one less cabin, leaving space for more storage and an expanded bathroom with a dedicated shower.
Renaming Our Boat
Our boat’s name is Sunnyside. We wanted to give her a name that represented our new adventure and take on life.
We drew inspiration from trail names at Steamboat Ski Resort, where we previously lived and worked for over a decade.
By The Numbers
- Length: 38’
- Beam: 21’ 5” (The width of the widest point of the boat.)
- Draft: 3’ 9” (The distance between the waterline and the bottom of the hull.)
- Mast Height: 54’ (Our mast has been modified by 2-3 feet.)
- Fuel Capacity: 52 gallons
- Water Capacity: 158 gallons
- Holding Tank Capacity: 38 gallons
Sails & Engines
- Sails: Square top mainsail and genoa
- Diesel Engines: 2 X Yanmar 3YM30 29hp
- Dinghy Outboard: Yamaha 15hp
- Solar: 790 watts, 2 controllers
- Batteries: 3 X 210AH (amp hour) AGM house batteries
- Inverter: Magnum 2000 watt
- Instrumentation: Raymarine ST60+ Wind and Tridata, Garmin 741 xS chartplotter, Raymarine ST6002 autopilot
Want to learn more about living on a boat?
For more tips, how-tos, and insights into boat life, check out our complete guide to living aboard.